The Summer of Rose competition will see the winner, and guest, head to Ibiza in September for a 2 night break at The Paradiso Art Hotel and turn the White Isle pink.
Fentimans are partnering with the famous pink hotel, The Paradiso Art Hotel in Ibiza, to celebrate their bestselling Rose Lemonade.
Help Fentimans make Rose Lemonade the drink of 2019 with the Summer of Rose cocktail competition. Fentimans are looking for drinks that capture the essence of the Summer and take you one step closer to those pink Ibiza sunsets.
Having spent more than our fair share of time in Ibiza marvelling at the sunsets and party lifestyle BarLifeUK can attest to the fun the winners will have.
To get you and your friend/lover/boss/boss who is your lover/mum/mum who is your boss or mortal enemy on the plane for two nights at The Paradiso Art Hotel, Fentimans are asking you to create a drink with the following criteria:
- At least 50ml of Fentimans Rose Lemonade
- Limit of six ingredients including Rose Lemonade but not including garnish
- Can be alcoholic, Low ABV or alcohol free
- It needs to be replicable so no homemade ingredients (it will be served at the Paradiso Art Hotel where you’re staying so don’t make all the bartenders hate you with an overly complicated affair)
The drink should not only inspire the judges but also be aimed firmly at capturing the imagination of the guests in Ibiza.
Enter your drink specs and the inspiration behind it in the form below to be in with a shout. From there the entries will be paper judged on name, inspiration behind the drink, ingredients, desirability and general overall appeal.
The top ten will be invited down to the national final in London at Disrepute bar on 29thJuly where a panel of judges will put you through your paces and pick a deserving winner.
Entries close on 10thJuly and please check out the t&c’s below the entry form.
Terms & Conditions
1.1. The Fentimans Rose Lemonade Ibiza cocktail competition ‘’Competition’’ is promoted by Fentimans Ltd ‘’Fentimans’’ andBarlifeUK Holdings Ltd ‘’BarlifeUK’’
1.2. The competition will start from 11:00 on 13thMay 2019 (“Opening Date”) and run to 17:00 on 10thJuly 2019 (“Closing Date”).
1.3. All competition entries must be received by BarlifeUK via the entry method set out below by no later than 17:00 on the Closing Date. Any incomplete or late entries will not be entered into the competition.
1.4. By submitting an entry to the competition you must be able to attend the finals day in London on 29th July. If your entry is selected for the shortlisted final event and you are unable to attend, your entry will be dismissed and replaced by another entrant.
1.5. Due to availability, the prize (a trip for two to Ibiza) must be redeemed in September 2019 (13th– 15thor 20th-22ndSeptember).No other hotel or alternative dates are available. In the event that you win the competition and are then unavailable to take the prize, the prize will be passed on to the runner up, and so on.
1.6. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Fentimans Rose Lemonade Ibiza” – rules).
HOW TO ENTER
2.1. Online round: To enter the first round of the competition, you must submit by the Closing Date via https://www.barlifeuk.com/barlifesite/index.php/category/competitions/ (“Competition Portal”):
- An original cocktail recipe
- Answer the entry questions about your submitted cocktail
- State your full name and contact details
- Confirm you can make the final event in London on 29thJuly and are able to redeem the prize in September 2019.
2.2. Each entry must:
- Be an original cocktail recipe created by you;
- Include Fentimans Rose Lemonade
- Use a maximum of six ingredients (This includes the base spirit (any permitted) and any syrups or homemade sugar syrups, but excludes any bitters, or garnishes)
- Be replicable in a working bar, the winning serve will be listed in the Paradiso Art Hotel for two weeks therefore if your drink is complicated to prepare, your chances of progress will be negatively affected.
2.3. The online round of competition entries will be judged by Fentimans & BarlifeUK’s spirits experts based on the criteria set out above. Ten (10) entrants will be selected to take part in the final round of the competition.
2.4. If selected, you will have a maximum of ten minutes to present your competition entry, talk the judges through your recipe, choices and flavours, and prepare, serve and present your chosen cocktail to the judges. It is your responsibility to provide your own ingredients. Glassware, ice and your chosen base spirit and Fentimans Rose Lemonade will be provided.
2.5. The final:
- The final of the competition will take place at Disrepute Bar in London on 29thJuly 2019.
- The competition will be judged by a panel of three judges, who will select one overall competition winner.
- Fentimans reserves the right to change the dates, venue and the number of judges for the grand final if there are circumstances beyond Fentimans control which make it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the judges will be final.
3.1. The shortlisted entrants for the final in London will be announced by Fentimans no later than 15thJuly 2019. Each finalist will be contacted personally via the details provided to confirm representation at the final in London on 29thJuly 2019.
3.2. Fentimans will make all reasonable efforts to contact each finalist. If you cannot be contacted or are unable to confirm your participation by 17thJuly 2019, Fentimans reserves the right to disqualify you from the competition and to invite an alternative eligible participant to final. The new finalist must confirm his/her participation no later than 19thJuly 2019.
3.3. For finalists who live outside of a commutable distance (more than 2 hours) from the final venue, Fentimans will organise travel costs and overnight stay if required.
3.4. The competition winner will be announced in person at the final. Fentimans reserves the right to offer the prize to an alternative eligible finalist, if you and/or your guest are unable to accept the prize or confirm your ability to travel.
3.5. You will be disqualified from the competition if you do not attend the final on the date, time, and location specified by Fentimans.
3.6. Fentimans does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to attend the final or if you are unable to take up the prize.
4.1. The competition is open to all Bartenders whose residence is within the UK or Republic of Ireland. Employees or family members of Fentimans are not permitted to enter the competition.
4.2. There is no limit on the number of bar tenders who enter from one venue.
4.3. If you enter the competition must:
- Be aged 18 or over;
- Be available to participate (if successful) in the final on the date and at the location set out above; and
- Hold a valid passport and be able to travel to Ibiza in September 2019 on the date and at the time specified by Fentimans.
4.4. You are responsible for travel arrangements to and from the regional heat and the final. Fentimans will reimburse costs provided they fall within the guideline as outlined above.
4.5. Fentimans reserves the right to refuse any participant entry into the competition. Fentimans reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
5.1. The prize includes return economy flights from London airports to Ibiza, 2 nights accommodation in the Paradiso Art Hotel, including daily breakfast (double or twin room) and comprehensive travel insurance.
5.2. The prize must be redeemed in September2019 (13th – 15th or 20th -22nd September). No other hotel or alternative dates are available. Please consider this before entering the competition.
5.3. The prize does not include food and drinks (other than the pre-arranged meals set out above), spending money, tax or personal expenses. No alcohol or food consumed at the hotel will be the liability of Fentimans or BarlifeUK. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the winner and their guest.
5.4. The dates and times of travel and of pre-arranged tours will be as specified by Fentimans and are subject to change if there are circumstances beyond Fentimans control which make it necessary to do so.
5.5. All travel arrangements, accommodation, meals, pre-arranged tours and tickets shall be arranged and selected Fentimans in its sole discretion and are subject to change if there are circumstances beyond Fentimans control which make it necessary to do so.
5.6. The winner will be responsible for ensuring that he/she and any person travelling with him/her are available to travel and hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents for the trip on the travel dates which Fentimans specifies.
5.7. You are recommended to check the up to date position on visa, passport and health requirements with the Passport Office, appropriate embassy or consulate or your doctor as applicable in good time before departure.
5.8. Fentimans reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond Fentimans control makes it necessary to do so. No cash or other alternative is available. The prize is not negotiable. The prize must be taken by the winner and his/her guest and may not be transferred to or taken by any third party.
5.9. Insofar as is permitted by law, Fentimans, its agents, suppliers or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Fentimans, its agents, suppliers or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
6.1. All competition entries, including all recipes and any accompanying material, submitted to Fentimans will become the property of Fentimans on receipt and will not be returned.
6.2. By submitting your competition entry, you agree to:
- Assign to Fentimans all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
- Waive all moral rights, in and to your competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
6.3. If you are a finalist or the winner of the competition, you agree that Fentimans may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce you as a finalist and/or the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
6.4. By submitting your competition entry, you agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by Fentimans and that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by Fentimans or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
7.1. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Fentimans may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
7.2. Fentimans reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
7.3. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
ACCEPTANCE OF T&Cs:
By entering this competition, you agree to the items set out below.
8.1. Terms & conditions of use
- I am aware that by accepting these Terms and Conditions….
- I have read, understood these Terms & Conditions
- I confirm that I am at least 18 years old and that I understand that my submission will become public.
- I also confirm that I own the rights to the content I upload and that I am not using any content which infringes anybody else’s rights or that uses or depicts anybody else’s name, picture, video or brand name.
8.2. I allow Fentimans Ltd and our partners and agencies to re-use the content I submit, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions herewith, without further compensation.