Looking for a move into a fantastic company within the premium drinks industry? Would you like to be the next UK Brand Ambassador for the Courvoisier?
The UK Brand Ambassador will be the face of the Courvoisier brand, responsible for the education and engagement of trade, consumers, influencer groups, and internal and external stakeholders. They will help drive strategic distribution of the Courvoisier core range (prioritising VSOP & XO), extended higher styles and NPD within key London On-Trade accounts. An additional facet of the role is to support the top luxury on trade outlets across the rest of the country, helping to establish our prestige portfolio.
In order to succeed in this role, you will have proven industry experience working in luxury or contemporary, influential accounts in London as well as an excellent knowledge of cocktails, spirits, bar standards, bar operations, the business of bars, the UK spirits market and UK distributors.
You will be a strong storyteller – with gravitas and passion to engage and inspire colleagues, customers, and consumers to develop strong relationships, as well as having Cognac knowledge and a true love for the brand and category.
Edrington UK is one of the UK’s Best Workplaces™, as well as being a Great Place to Work for Women and a Centre for Excellence in Wellbeing.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including 37 days holiday, 10% bonus, private health care, a market-leading pension scheme and fantastic training and development.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.Application deadline: 11th April 2022
Courvoisier UK Brand Ambassador Job Description
Edrington UK is the UK’s number one whisky supplier. As part of the global Edrington group it is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of global brands such as The Macallan, Highland Park and The Famous Grouse in the UK marketplace. As a distribution partner of Beam Suntory, Edrington UK also represents many of its brands in the UK marketplace, including Jim Beam, House of Suntory and Maker’s Mark. With offices in Glasgow and London, Edrington UK’s customers range from retail and ecommerce to wholesale and the on-trade. Edrington’s principal shareholder is The Robertson Trust, which has donated £301 million to charitable causes in Scotland since 1961. Our business is underpinned by the Edrington values of giving, respect, integrity and excellence.
Courvoisier is the UK’s No.1 Cognac, and Most Awarded Cognac House. Since 1828, Courvoisier’s founder, Felix Courvoisier believed in celebrating joy in the everyday and created a House that was warm and welcoming to all; a House that crafted a vibrant and floral spirit, which our Master Blender calls, a cognac in blossom. Requested by the Royal Courts of Europe and chosen as the official cognac of Napoleon’s Imperial Court, Courvoisier is recognized globally for its superior quality. With an enviable portfolio of award-winning cognacs, Courvoisier remains to this day the only cognac house to be awarded France’s highest award for excellence – the Prestige de la France.
Our aim is to re-establish Courvoisier as the ultimate symbol of modern luxury, and undisputed cognac leader in London, and key UK cities. The brand ambassadorial function is key to delivering this ambition. The UK Brand Ambassador will be the face of the Courvoisier brand, responsible for the education and engagement of trade, consumers, influencer groups and internal / external stakeholders. They will help
rive strategic distribution of the Courvoisier core range (prioritising VSOP & XO), extended higher styles and NPD within key London On Trade accounts. An additional facet of the role is to support the top luxury on trade outlets across the rest of the country, helping to establish our prestige portfolio.
Be the face of Courvoisier across the UK market, identifying and building strong relationships with London’s top halo accounts. Engage and influence key customers to support the growth of brand
distribution and visibility within target venues.
• Work with some of the world’s best On Trade outlets helping to facilitate the relationship between the
customer, Edrington UK and Courvoisier, ensuring strong support for customer needs whilst effectively
implementing Courvoisier’s bespoke initiatives.
• Help drive targeted distribution and visibility of Courvoisier, ensuring the best in brand profile and
distribution growth against the brand development targets whilst monitoring and maximising key
routes to market.
• With a finger on the pulse and understanding of our target consumer, continue to identify new brand
Deliver best in class education to customers and consumers based around the pillars of Courvoisier that
drives differentiation, as well as the exciting innovation.
• Brand knowledge and brand passion is an essential component of the role and will be used to win
heads, hearts, and minds in both the on and off trade.
• Acting as an authority on Courvoisier brand, the cognac and premium spirits category and the
conducting of unique brand experiences, tastings, and education.
• Planning and executing experiential events.
• Representing Courvoisier at relevant media, consumer, and trade events.
Support the London Customer Marketing and Brand Teams by contributing in the following areas:
• Create and lead a “feedback loop” regarding emerging trends, buzzworthy cocktails, lifestyle drivers, etc.
• Develop and lead bartender engagement programmes.
• Creation of leading training assets. Contribute ideas to the development of high impact road show training content.
• Deliver pipeline of recipe innovation and ideas to support the brand serve strategy for all account types.
• Attend key business meetings to support winning new business.
• Have a strong relationship and communication line with the distillery and Global team, contributing as
part of the global network of Brand Ambassadors and marketers. Develop an alliance of influencers (consumer, trade press, media, trade etc.)
• Through education at launch events, PR dinners etc.
• Create relevant and inspiring social media presence and content to drive consumer awareness and education.
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies Required
• Proven industry experience working in luxury or contemporary, influential accounts in London.
• An excellent knowledge of cocktails, spirits, bar standards, bar operations, the business of bars, the UK spirits market and UK distributors. Up to date on drinks trends.
• Strong network of industry leaders/influencers.
• The ability to create and execute impactful, influential and compelling brand experiences.
• Strong storyteller – with gravitas and passion to engage and inspire colleagues, customers, and consumers to develop strong relationships.
• Cognac knowledge and a true love for the brand and category.
• Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
• Inspiring public speaking and presentation skills
• Full clean driving license preferred
• Previous experience as a Brand Ambassador (desirable)
• Fluency in additional languages, ideally French (desirable)
• Self-starter with passion & ambition
• Solution orientated and ‘can do’ attitude
• Displays curiosity
• Willingness to take ownership and demonstrate leadership within their areas of responsibility
• Positive attitude and work ethic
• Customer champion
• Possess a high level of emotional intelligence
We expect that you are able to demonstrate the Edrington standards in your role:
Leads by example, creates clarity and vision, brings the best out in people, demonstrates a passion for
what they do and demonstrates humility
Embraces change, continually seeks improvement, views mistakes as learning opportunities, shows
flexibility and decisiveness.
Shares information openly, makes connections beyond their own team, and is culturally aware.
Demonstrates inclusive behaviours, is relatable at all levels, stretches and develops team members, listens
to others and positively challenges.
Sets clear and focused performance objectives, provides clear feedback, takes ownership and
accountability for decisions.
Edrington provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to general legal requirements, Edrington complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.