When we are given the nod to reopen again there will be a whole host of new actions and responsibilities managers and supervisors will need to know.
CPL Learning has launched a free online course to help ensure that managers and supervisors are ready for their site and teams to serve customers once again. The CPL Learning Ready to Serve programme is supported by UK Hospitality, BII and Institute of Hospitality.
The Ready to Serve Manager course supports users in managing the operation and teams including, following safe working practices within a practical framework. The course aims to support and guide users on a step by step approach to reopening their operation safely.
The course topics include operational segments in Risk Assessment, Team Safety and Protection, Social Distance, heightened hygiene requirements and more.
There are 10 PDF downloads within the course and a printable version of the course will be available as well as a checklist for managers, containing a mixture of operational and preparation checks.
The course takes about 45 minutes and will cover:
- Maximise the safety and protection of your team and guests
- Complete a risk assessment that will be a requirement of your re-opening
- Social distance to meet the latest government requirements
- Enhance cleaning and hygienic practices throughout the business
- Educate and communicate with team members and guests
- Develop your business proposition to meet the needs of your risk assessment and the restrictions currently being faced
- Use effective signage, operational guidance and communication to educate guests and increase confidence in order to encourage safety and handwashing
They are currently working on a similar online course for staff members which they can pre-sign up for here and get informed as soon as it is live.
We had a quick look at the course and whilst the signing up is a bit of a pain, once you’re in the course itself is really nicely laid out and easy to follow. Definitely worth considering for your management and we’ll keep you updated for the staff element.