Being keenly aware that the bar industry is in a state of flux, and that more than ever bar folk need to feel part of a community, Fernet-Branca have launched a competition that will result in the design of their new 2020 UK coin, and cash vouchers being handed out to over 100 entrants.
For the uninitiated, Fernet-Branca have been making ‘challenge’ coins since 2010. The coins are produced in small numbers and can’t be bought, they are given to individuals by Fernet, or other coin-bearers. The challenge part is simple – you must always keep your coin about your person. If another coin-bearer shows you their coin, and you are unable to produce your own, you buy a round of drinks. If you do have your coin, the challenger pays.
Of course, the real value to the Fernet-Branca coins is that they signify belonging to a club or a community of bartenders, which is why Fernet have launched the design challenge now – at a time when everyone needs to feel a part of the global bar community.
Fernet Branca want as many people as possible to get involved with this comp, and to benefit from the prize fund. As such, in addition to a grand prize for the overall winner, 140 runners-up will also be rewarded:
- The top 100 entries: £50 voucher of choice
- The top 25 entries: £50 voucher of choice, the winning design coin and a bottle of Fernet-Branca
- The top 10 entries: £50 voucher of choice, the winning design coin, personalised limited-edition merchandise, a bottle of Fernet-Branca, accommodation and travel expenses for them and a colleague to attend The Bar Back Games 2020
- The top 5 entries: £50 voucher of choice, 5 of the winning design coin for you to gift to those deserving, a bottle of Fernet-Branca, personalised limited-edition merchandise, accommodation and travel expenses paid for them and a colleague to The Bar Back Games 2020. In addition to being featured in a UK wide promotional campaign
- First Prize: £250 & 5 of the winning design coins, a bottle of Fernet-Branca, personalised limited-edition merchandise, accommodation and travel expenses paid for them and two colleague to The Bar Back Games. In addition to being featured in a UK wide promotional campaign
How to Enter
The design brief is simple: Encapsulate the spirit of what makes the industry great, now more than ever
Your design idea can be submitted as a written description, using drawings or artwork, photography, or any combination of those elements. You do not need to be graphic design genius to enter this challenge, the concept and your interpretation of the brief are the key things to think about as you create an entry:
- Design ideas can be submitted through text, photography, drawing or any combination.
- Now more than ever, you have the time to use your creativity. Don’t just complete Netflix.
- Competition open for all those within the hospitality industry.
- Terms and conditions can be found – www.fernet-branca.co.uk/terms
- Initial ideas will be judged on the following criteria: Encapsulating the spirit of what makes the industry great, now more than ever. – 50 Creativity for the design – 50
- By entering the competition, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information in order to process and contact you about your competition entry
For more information and to submit your entry, visit the Fernet-Branca Coing Design Challenge Page.