Successful Covid-19 Emergency Fund applicants will be awarded a £250 grant
With the help of various leading drinks brands, including Pernod Ricard, Concha y Toro UK, Sipsmith, Whisky Auction, Fox and Fox, and Asterley Bros, The Drinks Trust (formerly The Benevolent) has raised over £400,000 to help individuals in the drinks industry who have been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, and subsequent venue shut-downs.
This money will be administered via the Trust’s Covid-19 Emergency Fund, with successful applicants awarded a £250 grant to assist them through the weeks ahead.
Covid-19 Emergency Financial Support is targeted at the following two groups:
- Those who have been made redundant and subsequently not been reinstated, meaning they are unable to benefit from the salary grant scheme set out by the Chancellor
- Those on zero hours contracts who will receive only small levels of financial benefit from the salary support measures outlined by the Chancellor
Additionally, these individuals will have worked in one of the following establishments:
- On-trade; bars, pubs and those who worked with drinks in restaurants and hotels, such as sommeliers and beverage managers
- Off-trade; those who worked in alcohol retailing businesses
- Distribution; those who worked in businesses supplying the above
The fund will also help the Trust continue to support over 350 vulnerable beneficiaries, a significant proportion of whom are retired drinks industry staff and amongst the most at-risk groups with regards to Covid-19. Many of these people are being assisted as a result of critical illness, severe mental health concerns and extreme hardship.
Apply for Covid-19 Emergency Fund Assistance
The Drinks Trust anticipates a high level of demand, and has therefore limited the application period between Monday 6th April and Friday 10th April 2020.
Visit the Drinks Trust Emergency Fund page for more information, and to apply.