The 14 young bartenders from across the country to be accepted into the 2019 BarLifeUK & Edrington-Beam Suntory Rookie Programme have been picked.
This is the 4thyear of the Rookie Programme and each year the number of applications from around the country increases. As such we have decided to increase the usual number of Rookie’s this year from 12 to 14.
For anyone unfamiliar with the Rookie Programme it is a year long training programme aimed at bartenders (or floor staff, barbacks etc) with less than 18 months experience working behind a cocktail bar. It is the greatest free training programme in the world for young up and coming bartenders and previous alumni have gone on to open their own venues, work around the world in some of the best & most awarded bars, move into brand ambassadorship etc.
This year’s 14 are:
- Achille Moga, Lyaness, London
- Alex Vurbanov, Hawksmoor, Edinburgh
- Boo Simaskaite, London Cocktail Club, London
- Duc Hoa Nong, Trader Vic’s, London
- Eleanor Scopes, Mojo, Manchester
- Holly Law, Murder Inc, London
- Jade Beckles-Varga, Loose Cannon Cocktail Club, Bristol
- Joe Harris, Little Mercies, London
- Kaleb Barry, Nocturnal Animals, Birmingham
- Marcos Ameneiros Zannone, Berners Tavern, London
- Mia Kumari, Milk Thistle, Bristol
- Norah, Lost Society, London
- Ruaridh Lindsay, Blythswood Square Hotel, Glasgow
- Stephen Dowie, Swift, London
Over the next twelve months these bartenders will get hands on training from the industry’s greatest bartenders and brand experts from the UK and around the world.
For the 4thyear running we are extremely happy to have Edrington-Beam Suntory as partners on the Rookie Programme. Without their support the programme couldn’t run and their team is also vital in the training aspects.
We are excited to see this group flourish and keep an eye on these names they’ll be the stars of the future. You will be able to keep up with their progress through monthly updates on BarLifeUK.