Salary range: £25-35k, depending on qualifications and experience Location: Edinburgh Reporting to: Head of Brand Development
Are you mad about gin, rum, whisky and liqueurs? Do you have the personality, drive and thirst for challenge to turn an exciting opportunity into a profitable proposition for our trade partners? How do you fancy working with some of the most interesting craft spirits and liqueurs around?
Well look no further… You will be responsible for curating the growth of the entire portfolio of brands we represent throughout Scotland by creating and executing engaging events, tastings and sales visits for on and off-trade and end-consumers to raise awareness; drive sales and listings of our products through our extensive network of wholesalers.
The Maverick Drinks range of brands is already enjoying phenomenal success in both the on-trade and off-trade throughout other parts of the UK and we need someone to develop the same success across the market in Scotland.
What you’ll be expected to do
This role is highly dependent on commercial aptitude and experience of spirits brand education and marketing.
● You’ll create unique concepts to educate bars and retailers on the merit of craft spirits and how they deliver a better overall customer experience.
● You’ll develop a programme of support for bars that support us.
● You’ll believe in craft spirits and put the passion of our producers into everything you do.
● You’ll create a plan for how you’re going to approach the market, execute your plan, and then deliver results.
● You’ll deliver regular and detailed progress reports that demonstrate exceptional results.
● You’ll work with on-trade drinks suppliers and their teams to make the partnership successful for us both.
● You’ll liaise with our marketing, operations, and management team for support and to ensure you understand the impact of your work on the organisation as a whole.
Experience, skills and qualifications
● You’ll have a proven track record as a brand ambassador in the UK market, ideally working with a spirits brand (or brands)
● You’ll have demonstrable experience in creating and executing engaging events and tastings
● You’ll have an in-depth understanding of both the operations and financial sides of a bar, and of what drives the purchasing decisions behind the bar
● You’ll have comprehensive knowledge of how spirits are produced and how best to use them
● You’ll have an intuitive understanding of flavour, with ability to create unique cocktails and exceptional signature serves
● You’ll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to create great presentations
● You’ll have excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
● You’ll have high levels of numeracy and literacy, with a commercial mindset
● You’ll have the right to work in the UK, and will have a full UK driving licence
● You’ll be ambassadorial in nature and commercial in practice
● You’ll be charismatic and enthusiastic with bags of energy
● You’re a people person – and people would say that about you.
● You’re an excellent communicator with confidence in your presentation skills
● You’re hardworking, and a great team player
● You’re creative and innovative – if something in our business can be improved, you suggest how
● You have the flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
If you feel that you meet the criteria for the Portfolio Ambassador – Scotland, then please apply now by sending your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org