Entry Deadline: Midnight, June 6th, 2017
The Northern Line is becoming swampy, and douchebag deep-V t-shirts are once again appearing on our streets, but the real indication that Summer is almost upon us must surely be the opening of the 2017 Gin Mare comp.
The Gin Mare Mediterranean Inspirations competition is a perennial BarLifeUK favourite, because it always produces lots of weird and wonderful cocktails, and the trip to Ibiza for the global final is an epic mix of beautiful beaches, a sexy villa, and nights full of the responsible enjoyment of alcohol.
As usual, competitors are tasked with creating a Gin Mare cocktail that is inspired by the Mediterranean: a twist on the classic Gin & Tonic: the Mare Nostrum, and a food-inspired recipe that this year revolves around the artichoke.
To help you with the artichoke recipe, Gin Mare and Foodpairing.com have produced a handy flavour wheel, which you can find here.
Regional heats will take place in London, Manchester and Edinburgh, followed by a UK final, also held in London. The ultimate UK winner will travel to Gin Mare’s villa in Ibiza to compete against bartenders from Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, USA, China and Scandinavia.
Mediterranean Inspirations is much more than a cocktail competition, it’s our unique way of sharing our values, of connecting new people and improve your skills spending quality time with the most relevant gastronomic geeks in different areas.It’s all about getting inspired by your recipes with Gin Mare, the unique & authentic Mediterranean Gin.
- Sous vide challenge creating your dessert
- Foodpairing workshop on taste, aromas & texture
- Aroma stage by a luxury master perfumer
- Slow food experience with a local chef
- Stage & dinner at Heart Ibiza by Albert Adriá & Cirque du Soleil
- Salt in cocktails challenge at Mallorca’s saltyards
- Each recipe must contain a minimum of 40ml of Gin Mare, which should be the foundation of each drink
- The Mare Nostrum Cocktail recipe must include at least two alcoholic ingredients, but no more than four.
- The maximum number of alcoholic and non-alcoholic ingredients in the Mare Nostrum Cocktail is limited to six, including syrups, fruit juices, dashes of bitters, etc.
- Carbonated and non-carbonated soft drinks are allowed.
Enter the competition through the Mediterranean Inspirations Competition page here which will ask you for all three of your drink serves. Good luck and see you in the heats.