Taking place in Manchester on 17 – 18th March this years Northern Restaurant & Bar (NRB) features a great line up of talks.
- Jared Brown, Sipsmith Master Distiller, publisher, drinks historian and all round know-it-all will be on hand both days to deliver one of his fascinating talks. If you haven’t seen him talk before then we highly recommend you get there early and get a seat. He’ll be on stage at 2.30pm on Tuesday 17 March and 1.45pm on Wednesday 18 March.
- Claire Smith-Warner, Head of Spirit Creation at Belvedere Vodka, will be giving a talk that, on paper at least, may not seem like the most inviting. However Claire’s look at health and wellness within the drinks industry, tackling issues over sugar content, is a brilliant session and a real eye-opener for any professional bartender.
- Fever Tree’s Craig Harper and the Cocktail Hobbit Jamie Jones are continuing their recent love affair, this time on stage whilst looking at which gin’s you need in your bar.
- Thomas Peyrat of Remy Martin will also be on hand with a unique opportunity to discover the secrets behind the most well-known brandy in the world.
- Quinteassential have joined up with Nate Booker from Manchester’s Mr Cooper’s to look at one of the biggest trends around the country at the moment, demonstrating a range of cocktails infused with tea.
The exact timing of all the talks hasn’t yet been confirmed but keep an eye on the NRB website here where a timetable will be coming your way soon.
Alongside the talks is the annual big cocktail competition. This year it is brought to you by French liqueur brand Gabriel Boudier who are asking bartenders to create two serves, one using their Iconic range and another from the Bartender range. The comp will be taking place in the Drinks Live theatre on the 18th at 3pm with the winner bagging themselves a trip to Dijon so get along and show your support.
Obviously there are a whole lot of stands showing a bucket load of products alongside the talks, we will be bringing you details on those in the next couple of weeks so keep an eye on BarLifeUK.
In the meantime make sure you don’t miss out and register for your free industry ticket here