The Luxardo Masters of Maraschino Competition is back for its 3rd year with a trip for two to Italy up for grabs.
Once again the comp is being held at The Boutique Bar Show London on Tuesday 24th September.
First prize is a trip for two people (which means you can bring your long suffering partner or a mischief causing mate) to the home of Luxardo, Padua and Torreglia in North East Italy for two nights. You’ll get flights, travel, accommodation and £200 spending cash on top of the superb hospitality of the Luxardo family.
Second place will get a dinner for two at a London restaurant of your choice up to the value of £150 and all finalists will receive some Luxardo Maraschino goodies.
The rules are as follows:
1. Luxardo Maraschino must be used, with a minimum quantity of 15ml.
2. Garnish to be made on the day.
3. Three glasses of the cocktail are to be made.
4. If you wish, Luxardo Limoncello, Luxardo Sangue Morlacco cherry liqueur and Luxardo Amaretto may also be used.
5. Any spirit can be used.
6. Compositions should not exceed 7cl of alcohol.
7. No more than 7 ingredients: syrups, granulated/caster sugar, cane sugar, dashes and drops included.
8. Fruit placed in a glass and crushed is considered as 1 ingredient.
9. 1 homemade ingredient is allowed.
10. Only edible garnishes, prepared during the competition, will be accepted.
11. Ingredients are provided by the participant, excluding Luxardo Maraschino, Luxardo Sangue Morlacco, Luxardo Limoncello and Luxardo Amaretto
Entry deadline is 10th September and your entry needs to be sent to email@example.com containing your cocktail name, recipe, name, phone number, email and name and address of your bar.