This summer, CASK is touring the UK in search of the perfect drink showcasing OCHO Tequila, Elements Eight Rum, and Merlet Cognac & Liqueurs.
The sixth finalist will be a member of the general public who will have benefitted from training sessions and preparation by Tony Conigliaro.
The overall winner will then go up against bartenders from Spain, Germany and France with the opportunity to win a trip to either Mexico or St. Lucia as first prize.
Enter a recipe for one drink using any of the three brands mentioned above. These recipes will be recreated by Tony Conigliaro and Dré Masso, who will shortlist 10 competitors for the regional heats.
Closing date for entries:
- Leeds – 31 August 2011
- Manchester – 31 August 2011
- London – 1 September 2011
Competitors who make it through to the heats will be required to complete the following tasks:
- Arrive with a ready-made infusion of Ocho Blanco or Reposado to use to create a unique drink with a unique serve
- Create your own interpretation of the Sidecar using Merlet Cognac and Merlet Triple Sec
- Create a rum cocktail with Elements 8 that captures the spirit of St Lucia as well as your own home town, explaining the reason behind the drink.
- Provide an innovative short-serve for the judges
N.B Merlet fruit liqueurs must be used in at least 2 of the cocktails