Win a Trip to Italy with the Luxardo Masters of Maraschino Competition
Luxardo Maraschino are giving two opportunities to win a trip for two to Italy plus lots of other goodies.
Luxardo once again bring the Masters of Maraschino competition to the Boutique Bar Shows in London and Glasgow. The finalists will be battling it out on stage for the top prize of a trip for two to the home of Luxardo in North East Italy.
Competitors will be asked to produce a unique cocktail using Luxardo Maraschino to impress a judging panel with representatives from UKBG, Cellar Trends and BarLifeUK on the Boutique Bar Show competition stage in London (September 18th) and Glasgow (October 23rd).
Matteo Luxardo of Luxardo, adds “I very much look forward to the 2012 Masters of Maraschino. I was extremely enthusiastic and happy to judge such highly talented mixologists in 2011. The cocktails were incredible and all beautifully presented and well balanced. Luxardo Maraschino is a key ingredient in classics like the Aviation and Martinez, but here is a new wave of exciting maraschino mixes, some of which are set to be classics of the future.”
It’s a comp so there are rules and here they are:
1. Luxardo Maraschino must be used, with a minimum quantity of 15ml.
2. Luxardo Limoncello and Amaretto may also be used.
3. Any spirit can be used.
4. Compositions should not exceed 7cl of alcohol.
5. No more than 7 ingredients: syrups, granulated/caster sugar, cane sugar, dashes and drops included.
6. Fruit placed in a glass and crushed is considered as 1 ingredient.
7. 1 homemade ingredient is allowed.
8. Only edible garnishes, prepared during the competition, will be accepted.
9. Ingredients are provided by the participant, excluding Luxardo Maraschino, Limoncello and Amaretto.
10. Garnish to be made on the day.
11. Three glasses of the cocktail are to be made.
To enter, simply devise your recipes and enter them into the secure form below. If your drinks score you a place in the regional heats, you will be informed by telephone or email. Deadline for entry into the London competition 7th September and Glasgow 5th October.
[googleform key=”dE0xWU5STjVTZWo2TkZnVjVHQUlQVFE6MQ” height=”800″ width=”600″ text=”Loading…”]