Win a trip to Bourg Charente and a VIP night in Paris with the Grand Marnier Sunset Hours Parisian Chic Competition
Grand Marnier’s Le Grand Bal was one of last year’s highlights, so we are looking forward to their latest project, the Sunset Hours Parisian Chic Competition.
Essentially, Grand Marnier want you to come up with a summer drink based on Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge.
You will join the team for a day to discover more about the history and production of the liqueur during a session led by Julien Lafond, UK Brand Ambassador, and sample the different cuvees and cocktails that Grand Marnier offers.
This Session will be followed by the Grand Marnier Sharing Drinks Competition, during which bartenders will be asked to demonstrate their skill by creating a sharing drink/long drink featuring Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge.
The Winners from each heat (Edinburgh, Manchester, London East, London West and Bristol) will go to the final in London to find out who will be crowned the Grand Marnier Sharing Drink Competition 2012 grand winner.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The bar needs to be stocking Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge
- The sharing drinks/Long drink recipe has to be easily replicable in Bars
- No more than 4 ingredients
- The recipe can be presented as a sharing drink for 4 people or as a single long drink
- No homemade ingredients
- The ingredients have to be easily sourced, suppliers in the UK or supermarkets
- A minimum of 40ml of Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge for one serve (long drink) or 160ml minimum for a sharing drink
- There will be 5 Heats: Edinburgh, Manchester, London East End, London West End and Bristol
- The person that collects the most points during the Each Heat will win the heat and qualify for the final in London
- Each Heat will be judged by Grand Marnier UK Brand Ambassador, Julien Lafond and another judge
- There will be 1 wild card given to a non-finalist participant, which will be decided through volume after his cocktail has been listed in his bar
- A minimum of 200 cocktails will be required to enter the Wild Card draw that will be decided by collecting supplier invoices and sales report
- The 6 Finalists can offer their serve/sharer on their menu or as a cocktail of the month at least a month prior to the event with extra points given to the one that sold the most
- The finalists will have their drinks up on the Grand Marnier UK Facebook page, promoting it as a great Summer Long Drink with Grand Marnier with their name and the name of the Bar/Company during the time of the competition
- The Grand Final will be held in London in a venue TBC in June 2012, between the 6 finalists.
- The Finalist that gets the most points over the final will be crowned The Grand Winner 2012 and win a trip for two to the Home Of Grand Marnier in Bourg Charentes. (Dates subjects to availability to be arranged with Julien Lafond.)
- The Second will win a Bottle of Grand Marnier Cent Cinquantenaire
- The Third will win a Bottle of Grand Marnier Centenaire
- All recipes will become property of Marnier Lapostolle Family.
About the Author: Andy Ives has over 10 years hospitality publishing to his name and has written for trade magazines such as CLASS and Theme. Most recently he worked as editor of Industry magazine (the Australian version of Theme), bars editor of Australian Bartender magazine, and launched (with Simon) www.4bars.com.au, which is now Australia’s leading bar industry website.