Diageo and Jose Cuervo are on the hunt for someone to become their new Jose Cuervo Premium Brand Ambassador.
Some brands are synonymous with the category within which they sit and Jose Cuervo is definitely one of these. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join one of the world’s largest drinks companies and become the brand ambassador for a great product.
The role will see you focusing your time between the Tradicional family (60%) and also the Platino, 1800, Gran Centenario and Reserve De La Familia brands (40%). You will be based in the London and South area and will report to the Cuervo marketing team and Reserve Brands Ambassador team.
The role of the Cuervo Brand Ambassador:
- Drive trade advocacy for the brand
- Build and retain excellent customer relationships
- Educate and influence the trade through brand activation within key tequila venues i.e.
- Category education
- Events – specifically working with internal (i.e. marketing)and external (i.e. agency) teams re Cuervo’s involvement in key category events such as World Class and London Cocktail Week
- Distribution strategy; targeting new distribution points in our Must Win customers
- Driving rate of sale across all outlets
- Winning with bartenders
- Own and drive marketing and commercial priorities
Requirements for the role
- Deep understanding of what is important to premium customers and the ability to this insight to execute Cuervo activation plans that delight the customer and their consumers.
- Has their finger on the pulse of what is happening on the ground – is the “face” of premium/luxury in their environment and has brilliant relationships with key influencers in the industry
- Is able to represent and identify with both the ‘Core’ consumer and ‘Luxury’ consumer across different campaigns
- Category Knowledge across Spirits and TBA with particular experience in process, ingredients, & provenance
- Passion for premium/super premium brands, in particular Cuervo, our customers & our consumers
- Operates proactively – and where necessary reactively – in order to beat the competition
- Cuervo Brand Ambassador is the personification of the brand in the market: attitude, appearance and personality.
- Skilled in developing customer and stakeholder commitment, negotiating for win-win outcomes with a diverse range of individuals Exceptional presentation skills that captivate the customer and leads to consistent, high quality execution that embodies the distinctive elements of the outlet(s)
- Is capable and competent to deliver training & incentives with priority customers, organise and representing the brand at World Class and regional training events, build the brand reputation via Trade press/industry presence; implementation of tastings/events/experiences and BTL collateral in TLAs
- Can work effectively with others internally to build capability behind these brands
- F12 VISION: Become the preferred Premium Tequila portfolio within the bar tenders community primarily in London but also nationwide enabling the brand to hit plan of 100% brand growth
Top 3 leadership capabilities for this role:
Consistently deliver great business performance
- Demonstrates deep personal accountability for great performance, delighting the customer and beating the competition.
Create the conditions for people to succeed
- Builds and sustain trust with others through real relationships
Bring the Diageo purpose to Life
- Is a an ambassador for Diageo and the Cuervo brand
Essential Qualifications / knowledge / experience required / languages
- Bartender trained
- Liquid and cocktail experience, ideally including tequila
- Consultant to brand team on trade activation
- Advanced category and product mastery – a passion for luxury, premium brands
- Project management experience and managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of working with other parts of sales and other functions, particularly Field Sales and Account Management or Distributor sales teams
- Salary: £26,000 per annum
To apply for this role, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Author: