Bar Convent Brooklyn Seminar Schedule Announced
Bar Convent Brooklyn: 12-13th June 2018, Brooklyn Expo Centre, USA
Bar Convent Berlin (BCBe), now in its eleventh year and often described by visitors as the best of the drinks industry exhibitions, has announced a sister show which will take place this Summer, in Brooklyn, USA.
Bar Convent Brooklyn (BCBr) will follow the familiar format of exhibitors offering opportunities to learn about and sample their wares, accompanied by learning and development seminars delivered by a host of industry luminaries. It would seem likely that New York’s bars will do a brisk trade as the after-show networking (drinking with industry mates) spills out of the Expo centre and onto the city streets.
Tickets for BCBr cost $65 per day if purchased in advance, and $80 at the door, although on-the-day purchases will be subject to availability and shouldn’t be relied upon. When purchasing tickets online, be ready to supply proof of age and employment within the industry.
If BCBr turns out to be half as good as its German sibling, it will be a fantastic show, so get ready to spank that expense account or start pestering your favourite rep or ambassador for the blag. Or you could enter one of the cocktail competitions that will inevitably begin offering trips to BCBr as a prize next year.
Bar Convent Brooklyn Seminar Schedule
Tuesday, June 12th:
- A New Way to Cost, Calculating Your Menu’s Carbon Footprint by Chad Arnholtd and Claire Sprouse
- How to Train Bartenders by Bobby Heugel
- A History of The Still in 40 Pictures by David Wondrich
- How To Be A Better Bartender by Tim Etherington Judge and Claire Warner-Smith
- The role of brand companies in the Hospitality Industry Panel by Angus Winchester and guests
Wednesday, June 13th:
- Culture 101 by Tom Hansen and Christy Pope
- Hospitality Media Panel by Angus Winchester, Paul Clarke, Kara Newman, and other guest
- From partnerships to profits and everything in between, by Julie Reiner and Susan Fedroff
- Spirit Free — the deliberate approach to non alcoholic cocktails by Julia Momose
- Bartending BioMechanics by Tobin Ellis