Maxxium UK Rebrands as Edrington-Beam Suntory UK
From April 1st, 2018, Maxim UK will be known as Edrington-Beam Suntory UK Distribution Limited. While not as snappy as the old moniker, the new name reflects the long-term strategic partnership between Edrington and Beam Suntory.
Perhaps of more interest to bartenders is the news that several brands are joining the Edrington-Beam Suntory UK portfolio, namely Effen Vodka, the Sauza Tequila family, and Kilbegggan Irish Whiskey.
Mark Riley, Edrington and Beam Suntory UK MD, comments:
“These additions to the portfolio complement our strategy of developing premium brands in growing categories and we are incredibly excited about their potential, building on the platform Catalyst Brands has created. Premium vodka continues to grow ahead of the market, tequila has been one of the fastest-growing spirits in recent times and Irish whiskey continues to go from strength to strength.”
The new business has also announced plans for the future, which include:
- Up-weighted focus and investment on two of the biggest brands in the portfolio – Jim Beam and The Famous Grouse
- Growing the ‘contemporary whiskies’ category in the UK market. This will be led by a key city strategy and investment for brands including Maker’s Mark, Naked Grouse and Auchentoshan, capitalising on heightened interest in whiskies amongst younger drinkers
- Continued growth in single malts. With an enviable portfolio including The Macallan, Laphroaig, Highland Park, Bowmore and The Ardmore, the new business has a single malt whisky to meet every consumer occasion, price point and taste profile
- Investment for Courvoisier, the UK’s leading cognac brand and one of the biggest UK spirits brands, which will continue to grow its premium offering through VSOP and premium marques
- Edrington-Beam Suntory UK will continue to develop new brands, such as Dominican rum, Brugal 1888 and recently-launched Roku Japanese Gin, alongside the newly integrated Sauza Tequila, Kilbeggan Whiskey and Effen Vodka brands, with further launches planned for 2018