Win a Trip to Cuba with the Havana Club Grand Prix
The Havana Club Grand Prix is one of the competition world’s founding fathers…
Now in its 11th iteration over 22 years, it was one of the first big, international comps, and has been won in the past by UK luminaries such as Andy Loudon (69 Colebrooke Row, Satan’s Whiskers) and Ryan Chetiyawardana (White Lyan, Dandelyan, Bramble).
Searching for the “the next classic Cuban cocktail”, the Grand Prix is currently accepting entries, with regional heats taking place in countries all over the world – qualifiers from each of which will come together in Havana next year to find the ultimate, global winner.
This round of the Grand Prix comes at an interesting time in history, with US/Cuban relations rapidly thawing, and many other political changes taking place in the country. It’s common to hear people say of Cuba “I’d really like to visit before things there change too much.” Well, entering this competition could be your best chance.
The UK heats kick off in November. To be in with a shout of competing, you need to submit your entry before Monday November 2nd. The entry specs are very straightforward. You need to supply:
- Your name, address, contact number, email address and the bar you work for
- Your Cuban Cocktail; name and minimum of one clear image
- The cocktail specification; must include at least 25ml of Havana 3YO. No other rum brand should be used
- Maximum of five ingredients, one of which can be homemade
- The cocktail must be served in a recycled vessel
- Rationale: why have you created this cocktail and why do you think it be the next Cuban Classic
The UK heats will take place in the following locations:
- Edinburgh: 16th November
- Manchester: 18th November
- Liverpool: 25th November
- Bristol: 30th November
- London x 2: 9th and 12th November
The UK final will take place in January next year, with the global final scheduled for May in Havana.
Entry details – Deadline Monday November 2nd.
The entry deadline is this Monday, so send your entry to: Havanaclubgrandprixuk@pernod-ricard.com