Eight bartenders find themselves one step closer to retaining the Legacy trophy for the UK
Regional heats of the Bacardi Legacy cocktail Competition took place in August, which saw bartenders create a cocktail they believe to be worthy of a place beside Bacardi classics such as the Daiquiri and Cuba Libra.
For the first time since the competition’s launch, Bacardi Gold was available to competitors in addition to Bacardi Superior.
Heats took place in London, Manchester, Belfast, Bristol and Edinburgh, with heat winners plus wildcards going through to the UK final on September 25th, the venue for which has yet to be revealed.
The eight bartenders who will be competing on the 25th are:
- Ally Martin from Peg + Patriot in east London
- Roman Foltan from the Artesian at London’s Langham Hotel
- Michael Braun from Panda & Sons in Edinburgh
- Ben Davies from The Suburbs Bar in Chester
- Michael Brown from Albany Bar in Belfast
- Robert Wood from The Edgbaston in Birmingham
- Luca Missaglia from Quo Vadis in Soho, London
- Matt Fairhurst from City Social in the City of London