The Gin Guild Launch an Advanced Gin Seminar
If you love gin this one is for you. Ginposium is a one-day, industry only, advanced gin seminar featuring some of the countries leading gin experts as speakers.
The Gin Guild was set up in 2012 to promote the good word of gin. They are teaming up with Heriot-Watt University’s International Centre of Brewing and Distilling (ICBD) to launch Ginposium.
Ginposium features an incredible line-up of speakers who will be presenting throughout the day. It all kicks off with Christopher Hayman, Chairman of Haymans Distillers (and current Grand Rectifier of the Gin Guild), and Professor Paul Hughes from ICBD.
They are joined by John McCarthy of Adnams Distillers, Mark Gamble of Union Distillers, Charles Maxwell of Thames Distillers and Tristian Stephenson, drinks expert, director of Fluid Movement and author of The Curious Bartender, plus many others who will be on-hand to present their knowledge of gin before taking questions from the audience.
These speakers will cover a wide range of topics including:
- Gin categories and legal definitions
- Gin brands past and present and the importance of brand and marketing to ensure sales and success
- Creating gin flavour – the effect of different stills (including the use of pot stills, carter-head and vacuum stills)
- Botanicals and novel botanicals
- Two tutored tasting of gins including ‘juniper and citrus’ and ‘spicy and herbal’
- The micro-distilling/craft distilling movement
- Gin quality management
- Future perspectives for gin
- The importance of gin cocktails
The event will be held at The London Transport Museum in Covent Garden from 9am – 5.30pm on Tuesday 3rd June. Tickets are priced at £160 plus VAT or at a discounted rate of £150 plus VAT for Gin Guild members and students (on production of a valid student card).
To book your ticket head to the Ginposium website here