WIRSPA Return with New Campaign to Support Authentic Caribbean Rum Marque
Caribbean rum training programme soon to roll out across Europe
The West Indies Rum and Spirits Producers’ Association (WIRSPA) are back, bringing with them a new international campaign, launched at Berlin Bar Convent, to raise awareness for its Authentic Caribbean Rum Marque (ACR).
The ACR symbol guarantees authenticity, provenance and quality for rums produced in 15 Caribbean countries which have agreed to adhere to its quality control and production standards.
A large educational campaign is about to kick off across Europe, USA, Canada and other international markets, rolled out by an international training panel, made up of the following spirits professionals:
- Bastian Heuser: bartender, beverage consultant freelance writer for Mixology Magazine, and co-founder and managing director of Bar Convent Berlin
- Gegoire Erchoff: 20 years of bartending experience in France, Miami and New York
- Andrew Nicholls: mixologist, presenter at Sipped.tv and co-founder of Barchaeology
- Daniele Biondi: founder and CEO of Rum Club Italiano and spirits consultant
- Miguel Figueredo: writer, consultant and bartender with experience in Spain, Germany, Holland, New York, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic
- Amit Sood: experienced bartender with wide-ranging international experience in bartender training and consultancy, currently head of professional training at Shaker, London.
The ACR educational programme will begin to roll out across the UK in early 2014. BarLifeUK will be bringing you further information and ways to become involved shortly.