BarLifeUK are Seeking an Intern
In the two years since its launch, BarLifeUK.com has become the leading online destination for UK bartenders, bar owners / managers / operators and drinks trade folk.
We are looking for a motivated editorial intern to join us for three months, after which there may be the opportunity for the role to become more permanent.
- Provide training on the bar and cocktail industry, take you to cocktail competitions, tasting events, trade shows, and most importantly, bars. At the end of the internship period you will have an excellent understanding of the industry, and will have built some important relationships with bartenders and brands.
- Provide the most relaxed, and hopefully enjoyable, working environment possible (We are based above a bar on Clapham Common).
- Provide training in writing for the web, photography, copy editing and social media community building.
- Post your stories under your own by-line, helping you build a professional portfolio of published work.
- Cover your travel, food and cocktail costs.
- Be able to write interesting, engaging and amusing copy.
- Have some knowledge of, or at least a genuine interest in the bar industry, drinks and cocktails.
- Be web-literate, and have at least basic web editing skills (WordPress, Photoshop, HTML, CSS and Dreamweaver).
- Be trustworthy and reliable.
- Be of legal drinking age.
- Be able to commit to two days a week in the office and two evenings a week to attend trade events (this is flexible).
- Be able to provide excellent references.
- Legally able to work in the UK.
If this floats your boat, send your CV and some examples of your writing to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: April 15th 2012.