Win a trip to Mexico with Tapatio Tequila
Mexico has to be the one distillery destination at the top of every bartender’s wish list.
The opportunity to tick Tequila off your ‘places to visit before I die’ list is being offered by Speciality Brands, UK distributors of Tapatio, to the winner of three regional cocktail competitions.
Each lucky winning bartender will have the opportunity to attend an all expenses paid trip to Mexico to visit the legendary La Altena distillery and spend time with Master Distiller is Carlos Camarena, one of the true icons of the tequila category.
- All recipes to be submitted electronically by 1st March 2011 to email@example.com.
- Judging will be undertaken by the sponsor and based on the creative and original use of Tapatio Blanco or Tapatio Reposado as the cocktail’s base spirit.
- Successful entrants will be notified by e-mail by 4th March 2011.
Round Two: These will take place on the following dates and venues:-
- Monday 14th March 2011 at Academy (Formerly known as Lab), London
- Tuesday 22nd March 2011 at Neon Cactus, Leeds
- Wednesday 23rd March 2011 at Raconteur, Edinburgh
The selected contestants will each make their submitted cocktail from Round 1.
Contestants will be given 5 minutes to make and present their cocktail which will be judged on the following criteria:
- Flavour, balance, originality, presentation style and knowledge
- Tapatio Blanco and Reposado will be provided on the day, contestants are expected to bring all of their other ingredients and glassware.
- The winner will be announced on the day.