The only awards worth winning since nineteen-ninety-two-thousand and-nine.
As a discerning bar industry reader, you are used to the highest standards of journalism from BarLifeUK.
However on this occasion, we pray forgiveness for taking a walk on the ‘Fox News wild side’ in an effort to bring you this story from the sweaty confines of Notting Hill’s Portobello Star in time for our Monday morning BarBulletin.
The 2010 Alternative Bar Awards, conceived and hosted by Jake Burger and Tim Stones, took place about two hours and a really expensive taxi ride ago. So while these results are super-fresh, they are also subject to spelling mistakes, miss-heard names and general sloppiness courtesy of the Star’s intimate relationship with Jagermeister.
Congratulations to the winners from BarLifeUK – Next year we hope to give Tom Sandham from Dwink a run for his money in the ‘Least Influential’ category.
The Category Winners
- Worst Facial Hair – Tony Conigliaro (Eyebrow)
- Best Looky-Likey – Alex Hammer (Mark Whalberg)
- Best Bar Back – Musti (Quo Vadis)
- Most Misunderstood Industry Figure – Tom Foxwell
- Best Gay – Paul McFadyen and his dog
- Worst Toilets – The Portobello Star
- Gayest Shake – Jack Hubbard
- World’s Biggest Cocktail Geek – Jaredstatia (Jared Brown & Anastatia Miller)
- Fittest Rep – Sophie Decobecq
- Creative Accountancy – Fraser Chapman (Expenses)
- Biggest Assets to the Industry – Claire Smith
- Least Influential Industry Player – Tom Sandham
- Keith Richards Award for a Lifetime’s Dedication to Getting Drunk – Simon Ford
- Nicest Piece (hottest partner) – Hannah Sharman-Cox (Louis Xavier Smith)
- A – Most tolerable foreigner – Tomas Estes | B – Least tolerable foreigner – Stuart Hudson
- Lifetime Entertainment Award – Pete Jeary
- Most Missed Person – Gregor de Gruyther